Notice: To All Schools
Greetings, there was an emergency meeting with Health, Education and Leadership. It has been noticed that our community is going through a strain of influenza/and other related illnesses. Many recommendation were suggested. However, It is recommended by leadership that our schools be closed from, Thursday November 16th, to Tuesday, November 21st, 2023.
In the recent days, there have been rising numbers due to flu/illness, and covid related issues. In the previous years protocols were put in place for community safety. Again, with leadership’s concern for the community, it is imperative that we go back and practice safety protocols.
- People/staff/students are strongly recommended to mask up/mask up when entering schools and community buildings;
- Use hand santizers;
- Avoid mass gathering if possible;
- In schools when students present to use water dispencers in their classrooms;
- Students to provide your own cup(s) for drinking water; and,
- Refer to Covid Protocol procedures if you have any questions.
The purpose of closing ours schools is: to be proactive, to minimize spreading illnesses, and to reduce covid related concerns. It will be up to the schools to be proactive, leadership will support actions implemented by the schools. It is not to alarm anyone, it is to be more proactive so we can continue to have schools and to have a better handle with the illnesses going around our community.
Let’s be proactive, exercise safety protocols, and work towards having a healthy community.